• Pick, wash and soak rice for half an hour. Boil water and add salt. Remove from the burner and drop in the soya bean chunks for 15 minutes.
• Peel onion and cut in thick slices. Heat canola oil in a vessel and add bay leaf, jeera, cloves, peppercorn and cinnamon. Once they splutter, put the onions and green chillies (slit). Sauté until onion turns light brown. Squeeze out excess water from the soya chunks and along with cholia, place in the vessel. Add salt and sauté for 2 minutes. Add salt and rice. Now pour water and let rice boil.
• Once half the water is evaporated, turn the heat low and cover with tight-fitting lid.
• Cook for another 8 minutes and turn off heat. Let it rest in this position for another 10 minutes. Remove lid and serve hot.
• Nutrients Amount Carbohydrates 32 g Protein 4.1 g Fat 5.7 g Saturated fat 0.3 g Cholesterol 0mg Fiber 0.33 g Sodium 1280mg Calories 184